- Jackfruit stem cut into squares- 1 cup
- Jackfruit seeds - 1 cup
- Red onion chopped - 1 cup
- Coconut slices (thengakothu) - half a cup
- grated Coconut - 3/4 cup
- Coconut oil - one tablespoon
- Mustard - a teaspoon
- Curry leaves - as needed
- Dried chillies -3
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri chilly powder- 2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1 teaspoon
- Water - 1.5 cup
How to prepare
Heat coconut oil in a heavy-bottomed pan, splutter the mustard and fry the curry leaves and dried chillies.
Reduce heat to low and add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala and saute for a minute.
Add jaggery, jaggery, red onion, coconut husk, salt and water. Once everything is well combined, cover and cook on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
When everything well cooked, add the shredded coconut and sauté until dry.