Tomato Curry for Dosa,Idli and Chapati
Delicious tomato curry. This curry is very good to serve with dosa, idli, rice and chapati.
- 1&1/2 Tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- 1 piece Ginger
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- a pinch asafoetida powder
- a pinch Fenugreek powder
- 1/2 tsp Fennel powder
- 1/2 cup Shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup pearl oion
- 1+1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 2 Dried red chili
- Curry leaves
- Salt - to taste
- Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a pan and fry the chopped ginger and garlic.
- Add chopped onion and saute when the onion turns light brown, add spices and fry till its row smell goes.
- Add one sliced tomato, enough salt and a cup of boiling water, cover and cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Add shredded coconut and turn off the heat when it boils.
- Add enough water and grind it into a smooth paste.
- Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil and splutter mustard and lentils.
- Add chopped pearl onion and half of chopped tomatoes.
- Add the masala paste and enough water and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Delicious tomato curry is ready.
Instead of spice powders, just add two teaspoons of sambar powder and half a teaspoon of fennel powder.