Rice Powder- 1 cup
Pearl onion-3 nos
Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
Boiling water- 1&1/2-2 Cups
Thick Coconut Milk-1/2Cup
- Grind cumin seeds,shallots and garlic to form a thick paste.
- Add coconut, small onion paste and salt to rice flour. Mix well. Add boiling water gradually and make a soft dough.Roll this into small balls and keep aside.
- Boil 2 cups of water and add salt to taste.Add the dumplings and cook until it is slightly thick .
- Add coconut milk and bring it to a boil.Switch off the flame and mix well.
- Tempering the pidi with mustard seeds, curry leaves, and pearl onion.
- Serve with Chicken Curry
My favorite. YummyReplyDelete
This Pidi is famous among Malayalees and its one of my favorite too. My mom always used to prepare this for me. Anyway, thanks for share.ReplyDelete
Best restaurant in Hong Kong