For fish masala
1.King fish-4 pieces(400gms)
Coriander leaves (chopped)-1/2cup
Kaima rice-2cups (basmati rice)
Bay leaf -1
Lemon juice -1tsp
Salt -to taste
(Soak safron in milk for 15 minutes)
Finely sliced onions -1
Cashew nuts - a handful
Raisins - a handful
- Marinate fish with a pinch of turmeric, salt, lemon juice and chilly powder and keep it aside for 30minutes.
- Grind together ginger, garlic ,cumin seeds and green chilly
- Grind coconut in to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a large mouthed vessel and add chopped onions.
- They become translucent add ginger-garlic-chilly paste and turmeric powder.
- Add coconut paste, chopped tomato, yoghurt and coriander leaves.
- Add fried fish and salt.Cover and cook on medium flame until gravy thickens.
- Add 2tbsp ghee and fry all spices.Add drained rice and fry for 5minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water, lemon juice and salt.Cook untill all the water is absorbed.
- Pre-heat the oven in 200 degrees.
- In an oven proof dish, spread half the masala and place half of the rice over it. Spread the remaining masala and top with the rice.Add fried onions cashewnuts and raisins.Spread safron milk over the rice.
- Cover the dish with aluminium foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with raitha.
Looks yum..like e fried onionsReplyDelete
Fish Biriyani liiks really delicious ....Great post ...
Do visit my blog @ http://doloncookbook.blogspot.com
I like ur fish biriyani very much,thanksReplyDelete
Yummy and great presentation too...ReplyDelete
yummy yummy yummy biriyaniReplyDelete