1 cup raw rice
2 ripe plantains ( medium)
200 grams Jaggery
1 cup grated coconut
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp ghee
- Wash the rice thoroughly and soak them in water for two hours.
- Melt the jaggery in a quarter cup of water and strain it.
- Add the rice, bananas, jaggery and cardamom and grind into a fine paste ( idli batter consistency)
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, mix the batter, ghee and salt well.
- Stir continuously over medium heat until thick.
- Cover and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Add a cup of grated coconut and knead well.
- Apply a little ghee on your hands and roll the dough into small balls.
- Place the banana leaves in a steamer and steam the prepared balls for 15 minutes.
- Delicious Mani Kozhukkatta is ready.