A very tasty Malabar special snack to prepare for an Iftar dinner
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 cup maida
- 1.5 cup milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup ghee
- A handful of cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp raisins
How to prepare
- Beat eggs, a quarter cup of sugar and cardamom powder in a mixer.
- In the same jar, add flour, milk, a tablespoon of sugar and enough salt, mix well and blend.
- Heat a teaspoon of ghee in a pan and fry the cashew nuts and raisins.
- Boil the water in an idli pot or steamer. Put a steel plate or mould brush with ghee.
- Pour a quarter cup of the prepared maida batter into it, cover and cook for two minutes. Pour egg mixture on top and add a teaspoon of ghee. Cover again for two minutes, then pour in the maida batter and cook.
- Repeat the process till the prepared batter is done. Do not forget to pour ghee after each layer. Pour the maida batter on top and sprinkle with the roasted nuts and raisins. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Delicious Neyyada is ready.