- 2 cups raw rice
- 1/4 cup cooked rice
- 2 tender Coconut
- Tender coconut water - as needed
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 3 pearl onions
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cardamoms
- 1/4 tsp Yeast
How to prepare
- Wash the rice thoroughly and soak for 4 hours. Add two more cardamoms and soak.
- After soaking well, drain the water from the rice and add the rest of the ingredients and grind well.
- Leave the batter to rise for eight to ten hours.
- Heat a tawa and pour a ladle full of the batter and cook till golden brown on both sides.
- Kallappam tastes great with non veg curry. It is also good with milk and sugar.
Post a Comment