Kunafa is a world famous Arabian dessert. Kunafa, which is only available in Arabic bakeries, can be easily prepared with homemade ingredients.
Ingredients needed to make kunafa pastry
- 1 cup Maida
- 1/2 cup Cornflour
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp Refined oil
- 1/2 cup melted butter
Ingredients needed to make sugar syrup
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
Ingredients needed to prepare the cream filling
- 1 cup Milk
- 200 ml Cream
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese - half a cup
How to prepare
- Blend the flour, cornflour, salt, sugar, refined oil and water well in a mixer. Fill this dough in a plastic cover or icing bag. Heat a nonstick dosa pan. Cut one end of the cover slightly and pour the batter in thin strips. Let it cook for few seconds.Repeatthe process with the remaining batter.
- Boil sugar, water, vanilla essence and lemon juice in another pan. When the sugar is well dissolved, turn off the heat and set aside.
- To prepare the cream filling, mix the milk, cornflour, sugar and vanilla essence well in a saucepan and simmer over low heat until thickened.
- Pour half a cup of melted butter into the prepared pastry and mix well.
- Brush some butter on a steel plate or cake mold and transfer half of the dough to the tray and press firmly . Arrange the cream filling on top of this. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and arrange the remaining pastry on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove kunafa from the oven and pour half of the prepared sugar syrup over the top.
- When the sugar syrup is well absorbed, transfer to another plate and pour the rest of the sugar syrup.
- Sprinkle nuts on top and cut into desired shape
Post a Comment