Payasam is an integral part of the festive season. You can prepare a delicious Neypayasam with broken wheat.
- 1 cup Broken wheat
- 2&1/2 cup water
- 500 g of jaggery
- 1/4 cup+1 tbsp of ghee
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 cup grated Coconut
How to prepare
- Dry roast broken wheat for 10 minutes on low flame.Wash and pressure cook with 2&1/2 cup water.
- After one whistle, reduce the heat to low and cook for another 5 minutes
- Prepare jaggery syrup by melting jaggery in 1 cup water.Strain and keep aside.
- Add jaggery syrup and ghee into the cooked wheat.Mix and stir until the water evaporates and the payasam begins to turn thick.
- Add the grated coconut when cooked broken wheat and jaggery gets mixed well and turns mushy.
- Add 1 more tbsp ghee when the payasam thickens up nicely.Give everything a good mix and turn off the flame.