Delicious chammanthi can be prepared with dried prawns. If you have this chutney then you don't need any other curries for the rice.
- A handful of Dried Prawns (30 g)
- 1 cup Grated coconut
- 4-6 Dried chillies
- 1/4 cup Pearl onion
- 1" piece Ginger
- Two sprigs of curry leaves
- Salt-as needed
- a gooseberry size tamarind
- A tablespoon of coconut oil
- Remove head and tail of dried prawns. Dried prawns contain dust and dirt. To get rid of it, rinse thoroughly until the water is clear.
- Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and fry the cleaned prawns. When it starts to dry, add dried chillies, small onions, ginger and curry leaves and fry till onions should be well roasted and fried.
- Add coconut, tamarind paste and salt. Roast till it becomes dry.
- Once cooled, grind in a mixer without adding any water.
- Delicious chemmen chammanthi is ready.