A very popular Malabar snack,banana stuffed with grated coconuts, nuts, and flattened rice.This is healthy, and a nutritious snack. You can serve for breakfast or dinner too.
- 5 ripe Plantains
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 cup Flattened rice
- 1/2 cup grated Coconut
- 4 tbsp Gaggery
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup Cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup Maida
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan and dry roast flattened rice for 2 minutes.
- H 1 tbsp ghee in the same pan then fry cashews and raisins drain it on a kitchen towel.
- Add jaggery syrup and cook until it gets one string consistency. Then add grated coconut saute for few minutes in a medium flame.
- Then add flattened rice, cardamom powder and fried raisins and cashews. mix well.switch off the stove and transfer the filling to a bowl.
- In a bowl add maidaand water.Mix well and make a a fine thick batter.keep aside.
- Peel banana and make a slit lengthwise(one end to another.depth should be made until center).
- Take a portion of the coconut filling then gently fill in to the slit.Cover the slit with maida batter.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan and place the banana.Cover and cook on low heat.After few minutes turn all sides and fry till banana becomes golden color.