3.Cashew nuts-1/4 cup
- First, soak the cashews in hot water for half an hour. Grind the soaked cashew nuts with grated coconut ,fennel seeds and some water into a smooth paste.
- Heat coconut oil in a pressure cooker and add spices. Add sliced onion and saute until translucent.
- Stir in the finely chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Add tomatoes,chopped carrots, beans, cauliflower and potatoes.
- When everything is well combined, add one and half a cup of boiling water and enough salt, close the cooker and cook until a whistle comes.
- Open the cooker, add coconut paste and enough water. When it boils, sprinkle with coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
- Heat a tablespoon of ghee in another pan and fry finely chopped pearl onion, cashew nuts and raisins.
- Add into the curry and mix well.Serve with chapati,puri,appam,idiyappam..