- 4 cups Wheat flour
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt -1 & 1/2 tsp (as needed)
- Melted butter -2 + 4 tbsp
- 2.5-3 cups milk
- oil-as needed
How to prepare
- Add salt, sugar and melted butter to the wheat flour and mix well. Pour in the milk and knead until the dough is soft. Rub this dough with oil .Cover the dough with a wet cloth. Rest the dough for 3 hours.
- Now pinch a ball sized dough and grease with oil and roll out as thinly as possible.
- Spread ghee or butter on it and cut into thin strips using a sharp knife.
- Bring together the stips and roll spiral.Keep it covered in refrigerator for 15-30 minutes.
- Take each roll and roll it out by greased hand.
- Now place the rolled parotta onto hot tawa.
- cook on medium flame until both sides turn golden brown.
- Crush the parotta gently, this helps to separate the layers.
- Serve and enjoy