- 1.5 cups Wheat flour
- 2 tbsp Semolina
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Salt - to taste
- 1/4 tsp Yeast
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- Water as required
- Cook semolina with 1/2 cup water until thick.
- Blend together wheat flour,cooked semolina and all other ingredients in a blender for few seconds until smooth.(Do not grind wheat flour in the mixer for a long time.)
- Allow the batter to ferment at room temperature for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Add more salt and sugar if needed.
- Heat a nonstick appam pan over medium heat. Pour a ladle full of batter to the pan.Lift the pan and swirl around once to spread the batter thinly on the sides and thickly at the centre.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.Remove gently with a thin spatula.
Post a Comment