1. Red Snapper Fish - 2
Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
Pepper powder -1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Lemon juice - a teaspoon
2. Pearl onion-1 cup
Garlic -10 cloves
Ginger - 1 piece
3. Curry leaves
4. Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Fenugreek powder - 1/4 tsp
6. Coconut milk - half a cup
7. Salt - as needed
1. Wash the fish thoroughly and then make shallow slits on both sides of the fish. Add turmeric powder, pepper powder, salt and lemon juice and leave it for half an hour.
2. Mash onion, ginger, garlic and green chillies in a mixer
3.Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil and fry the fish over medium flame.
4. Put the crushed onion mixture in the same oil and fry well. When the oil turns clear, add turmeric powder, t chilli powder and fenugreek powder.
5.Add chopped tomatoes and curry leaves and fry well.
5 Add half a cup of thick coconut milk and enough salt and cook until thickens.
6.Take a banana leaf. Put half of the masala in it, place the fish on top and cover the fish completely with the remaining masala.
7∙ Now tie the leaves well.Heat 1tbsp coconut oil in an iron pan and place the wrapped fish .Close it with a lid and cook it over low flame for 5-8 minutes on one side.
8. Serve hot with rice, porota or chapati.