An easy and delicious mutton biryani
1. Mutton -750 gms
2. Turmeric powder - half a teaspoon
Chili powder - a teaspoon
Fennel powder - a teaspoon
Garam masala -half a teaspoon
Ginger garlic paste - a tablespoon
Yogurt - 2 tbsp
Lemon Juice - 1teaspoon
Salt- as needed
3. Kaima Rice/Basmati Rice -2 cups
4. Ghee - 3 tbsp
5. Cashew nuts- 1/4 cup
Raisins - a quarter cup
Onions (sliced) -1
6. Pepper - 1teaspoon
Sajeera -1 tbsp
Bay leaves -1
Star anise -1
7. Pineapple -2 tbsp
8. Water- 3 cups
9. Salt - as needed
10.Onions (sliced)- 3
Ginger garlic paste -2 tbsp
Green chillies -5
11. Tomato -1
12. Coriander and mint leaves -2 tbsp
13. Chopped pineapple -2tbsp
14. Cashew nuts -20
15. Saffron-a pinch
Milk -2 tbsp
1. Cut the mutton into large pieces and marinate with the second ingredients and leave for at least two hours.If you apply masala the day before and keep it in the fridge, it will taste better.
2. Wash the rice thoroughly and soak it in water for half an hour. Saffron should be soaked in warm milk.
3. Heat 3tbsp of ghee in a pressure cooker and fry the garnished portion of cashew nuts, raisins and onion.
4. In to the same ghee roast masalas mentioned in the sixth ingredient
After frying the spices, add finely chopped pineapple and fry.
Add soaked rice and fry on low heat for 5 minutes.
Add three cups of boiling water and enough salt, stir and close the cooker.
When the steam comes out well, put on the whistle and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
Switch off heat and keep it aside.
5. Now let's prepare mutton masala
Heat a tablespoon of ghee in a pressure cooker, add ginger and garlic paste and when raw smell goes, add onion and green chillies.
When the onion is well cooked, add the mutton, tomato , chopped coriander and mint leaves, finely chopped pineapple and half a cup of water, mix well and close the cooker.
Pressure cook it for 1 whistle and then simmer for 15 minutes.
6.Open the cooker and cook until gravy thickens.Add cashewnut paste and mix well.
When it boils well, you can arrange the cooked rice on top of the masala.
Sprinkle a little coriander, mint, roasted nuts, raisins and onion on top.
On top of this pour saffron soaked in milk.
7.Remove the whistle, close the cooker and place the cooker on a flat pan and heat on low heat for 15 minutes.
8. Delicious Malabar Mutton Biryani is ready. For those who like to eat eggs with biryani, boiled eggs can also be added to the masala.
Post a Comment