Ginger garlic paste-1tbsp
Mix together all the ingredients and marinate for an hour.
4.Pearl onion(crushed) -1cup
Coriander leaves(chopped)-a handful
6. Cashew nuts-15
1.Basmati rice / Kaima Rice -2cups soak the rice in water at least 30minutes
Bay leaf -1
Saffron -a pinch dissolved in 2tsp milk
Chopped coriander leaves-1tbsp
Finely sliced onions -1
Cashew nuts - a handful
Raisins - a handful
Preparation of Masala
- In a nonstick pan heat 1tbsp ghee and shallow fry the chicken pieces.
- In the same pan fry cinnamon ,cardamom,cloves,bay leaf and fennel seeds.Add crushed onions,ginger,garlic and green chilly.It becomes translucent add crushed mint ,turmeric powder and tomato.Cook until tomatoes are tender.Now add fried chicken pieces,2tbsp yoghurt,1/2cup water and coriander leaves.Cook covered on low flame.Adjust salt and add cashew paste.When the gravy become concentrate ,remove from fire.
Boil 6 cup water with salt and spices.Add rice and cook untill 70% done.Drain excess water and keep the rice aside.Mix 1tbsp ghee ,grated pineapple and chopped coriander leaves into the rice.
Heat 1/2cup ghee in a heavy bottom pan. fry the garnished portion of onion ,cashew nuts &raisins
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In an oven proof dish ,spread half the masala and place half of the rice over it. Spread the remaining masala and top with the rice.
- Pour 2tbs of saffron milk on the top of it and sprinkle fried onions ,cashew nuts & raisins.
- Cover the dish with aluminium foil and bake for 15-20 minutes.