Ginger garlic paste-1tbsp
4.Pearl onion(chopped) -1cup
Coriander leaves(chopped)-a handful
7.Busmati Rice-3 cups
Finely sliced onions -1
Cashew nuts - a handful
Raisins - a handful
- Marinate chicken with lemon juice,yoghurt,ginger garlic paste,turmeric powder,chilly powder,garam masala and salt.Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour or overnight.
- Heat 1/2 cup ghee in a pan.Fry garnished portion of onions,cashewnuts and raisins.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a large non-stick pan.Add chicken and shallow fry on medium flame until all the sides of the chicken turn brown.Keep it aside.
- Heat 1tbsp ghee in a pressure cooker and fry cinnamon ,cardamom,cloves,bay leaf and fennel seeds.Add chopped onions,ginger,garlic and green chilly.It becomes translucent add crushed mint ,turmeric powder and tomato.Cook until tomatoes are tender.Now add fried chicken ,2tbsp yoghurt,1/2cup water and coriander leaves.Mix well.Cook for 2 whistles.
- After pressure releases,adjust salt and add cashew paste and 3cups water(water+gravy=4&1/2cups).Allow it to a boil.Add drained rice and close the cooker .Pessure cook on medium flame for a whistle.Wait for 10 minutes.Open the lid and garnish with fried onions ,cashew nuts ,raisins and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with raita