Pearl onions-1/2 cup
Cumin seeds-1 tsp
Grated coconut-3/4 cup
Black sesame seeds (ellu)-2tbsp
Water-1&1/2 cups(water+coconut paste-2 cups)
- Grind coconut, onion, garlic &cumin seeds into a fine paste.
- Add sesame seeds in to the flour and mix well.
- Boil water and coconut paste in a wide cooking pan,add salt to the water. When the water comes to a boil, add the flour and immediately stir it with a wooden spoon.Remove from the flame and let it cool down slightly.
- After the dough cools down , knead the dough using your hands until soft.
- Make small lemon-sized balls out of it .Place the ball in between two lightly oiled plastic sheets (oiled Plantain leaf pieces) on a flat surface and press with a flat plate or roll out with a rolling pin.Remove plastic sheets and paste two ends together, looking like a long cylinder.
- Deep fry in oil until crispy.
- Store in airtight containers.