2.Black gram (uzhunnu)-1/4cup
- Wash and soak black gram ,rice and soya chunks separately for 2-3 hours.
- Grind black gram and soya chunks to a very fine paste.Then grind rice and cooked rice into a fine consistency.Mix well and add salt.
- Allow it to ferment for 8-10 hours.
- Take a ladle full of batter and spread on a medium hot tawa to a thin layer quickly.Spread few drops of oil/ ghee over the dosa.Cook till the bottom side of the dosa becomes lightly brown.
- Grease the idli pan well and fill each of them with 3/4th full of batter. Steam cook idlis on medium flame for about 10 minutes or until done.
- Serve with sambar / chutney