Basmati rice/raw rice-2 cup
Coconut oil/Ghee-for frying
- Soak rice in water for 2 hours.Leave it to drain and grind it to make fine powder.Heat the powder for 2 minutes. While heating it, keep on stirring.Keep the fried powder to cool.
- Heat 1/3cup water and melt jagerry. Drain the syrup using a strainer .Keep aside.
- Heat 1tbsp ghee in another pan and fry coconut till it is golden brown.Add sesame seeds and remove from heat.
- Grind banana into a thick paste.Add jaggery ,cardamom seeds,baking soda ,maida and grind again.Add lightly roasted rice powder and mix well.Add sesame seeds , fried coconut,2tbsp ghee and milk in to the batter and mix well with a spoon.( idly batter consistency) keep it aside for 3-4 hours.
- Heat oil /ghee in an 'appakara'.Pour batter into the moulds and deep fry till brown.