2.Tamarind (puli)-a lemon size
6.Coconut oil-1/2 cup
Dry red chilly
- Clean and cut ginger in to thin pieces.Heat oil and fry ginger till golden brown.Grind it with out adding water.
- Dry roast turmeric powder ,chilly powder and coriander powder.Allow it to cool.
- Dilute tamarind in 2 cup water.Add all the powder ,ground ginger,salt and jagerry.Mix well.
- Heat 3tsp oil ans splutter mustard seeds.Add chopped onions and saute till they become golden in color.
- Add ginger-tamarind mix and boil.Add fenugreek powder and asafoetida powder.
- When the gravy becomes thick,add curry leaves and remove from fire.
wow awesome dish with hot steaming rice :)ReplyDelete
very new to me.. looks very nice.. thanks for sharing this awesome recipe :)ReplyDelete
ginger tamarind curry looks delicious...very new curry for me ,love to try this healthy dish ...first time to ur space ,u got a beautiful space here here with authentic kerala dishes...if u get time do visit my blogReplyDelete
evertime favorite.very soon we all have to prepare this special for onam..ReplyDelete
I love ingi puli .I have tasted it in my friend's house on Onam .Thanks for sharing the recipeReplyDelete