2) Small onion-1/2cup
5) Green chilly-3
6) Curry leaves-a handful
7) Garam masala-1tsp
8) Coconut oil-2tbsp
9) Salt-to taste
• Heat a non-stick pan and sauté small onion, grated coconut, ginger and garlic.
• Fry it till the coconut becomes golden brown.
• Add chilly powder, pepper powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Let it cool for sometime.
• Add enough water to the cooled coconut mixture and grind to a smooth paste.
• Heat oil in a pan and add sliced onion and green chili.
• It become soft, add tomato
• When oil appears, add the ground paste and mix well.
• Add cleaned chicken pieces, curry leaves and mix well. Add enough water, garam masala and salt.
• Cover and cook in low flame till the chicken is done.
• Add tomato pieces and remove from fire.