Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Baking soda-a pinch
Fenugreek leaves (chopped)-1/2cup
Mix all the ingredients.
Take a small portion and drop it in hot oil.
Fry till golden brown.
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Saturday, December 12, 2009
1.Baby corn-20 nos(small square pieces)
Maida -1/2 cup
Corn flour- 1/4 cup
Kashmiri red chilly powder- 1/2tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 2tsp
3.Onion (sliced) -1
Ginger garlic paste-1tsp
Red or green capsicum (sliced/chopped) - 1 medium
Green chilly -2
4.Tomato sauce -2tbsp
Soya sauce- 1tsp
5.Spring onion(chopped)-2 springs
7.Salt to taste
- Make a slightly thick batter with corn flour and maida dissolved in water.Add a tsp of the ginger garlic paste,1/2tsp red chilly powder & salt.
- Coat the baby corn pieces with the batter and then deep fry until golden brown.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan.Add 1 tsp of ginger-garlic paste and fry till light brown.Add the onions ,chopped green chilies and capsicum . Saute till onions turn translucent and shiny(do not brown the onions).
- Add 1/2tsp red chilly powder ,chopped spring onion ,tomato sauce , Soya sauce and chilly sauce.
- Add 1tbsp corn flour dissolved in 1/2 cup water.Add the fried baby corn pieces and mix well (If you would like the baby corn manchurian with a little gravy ,you can add some more corn flour dissolved in water).
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Monday, December 7, 2009
Tomato (chopped)-1 small
Coriander leaves (chopped)-3tbsp
1) Wash and cut chicken into desired size and keep aside.
2) Grind green chillies along with ginger and garlic to make a thick paste.
3) Grind coconut and cashews with little water to make a thick paste and keep aside too.
4) Heat butter in a microwave safe casserole on 100% power for1.30 minutes.
5) Add spices and microwave on 100% power for 30 seconds.
6) Add ginger-garlic-green chilly paste and microwave on 100% power for 1 minute.
7) Add onion and microwave on 100% power for 5 minutes.stir 2 times during cooking.
8) Add chopped tomato and microwave for 2 minutes.
9) Add chicken, 1/2 of coriander leaves, salt and ½ cup of water.
10) Mix well and microwave covered on 100% power for 10 minutes.
11) Remove the lid and add coconut paste.
12) Microwave on 80% power for 3 minutes.
13) Garnish with coriander leaves.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Garam masala powder-1,4tsp
1.Wash the cauliflower and cut into small florets and boil for 2 minutes with pinch of salt. Drain the water and keep it aside.
2.The cauliflower is marinated with ginger-garlic paste, chilly powder ,garam masala powder, yoghurt and salt for an hour
3.Make a slightly thick batter with corn flour and refined flour dissolved in water, add cumin seeds and salt.
4. Coat the florets with the batter and then deep fry till it turns golden brown
2.Grated coconut-3/4 cup
Chilly powder-1 tsp
Grind the above ingredients to a thick paste.
- In a large microwave safe bowl,mix ground paste,chopped spinach,green chilly,tomato,salt and 1/2 cup water.
- Cover and cook on 100% power for 6 minutes.
- Add coconut oil and mix well.
- Serve hot with rice.