- Soak yeast and sugar in ¼ cup of Luke warm water and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Grind together the soaked raw rice and cooked rice to a smooth paste.
- Add the yeast mixture, stir well and allow 8-10 hours to ferment.
- Grind the grated coconut, cardamom and cumin seeds to a smooth paste.
- Add coconut paste, sugar and salt in to the batter. Keep aside for 2 hours.
- Apply little ghee in a cake tin and pour the batter in to it. Put some fried raisins and cashew nuts on the top. Steam it for 20-25 minutes.