Friday, May 15, 2009
GREEN PEAS MASALA
Garam masala powder-1/4tbsp
Poppy seeds (khus khus)-1tbsp
Fresh cream-1/2 cup
Curry leaves-a few
cooked green peas
1. Soak the poppy seeds in water for 1 hour and grind with all masalas and little water to a very fine paste.
2. Heat oil in a kadai.splutter mustard seeds.
3. sauté chopped onion till transparent
4. Add ginger –garlic paste, green chilies and tomato.
5. Add the masala paste and stir well until the oil starts separating from the mixture.
6. Add cooked green peas along with water in which it was cooked.
7. Stir well and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
8. When oil separates from the gravy add ½ cup fresh cream and remove from fire
9. Serve with chappathies.