Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Baking soda-a pinch
Fenugreek leaves (chopped)-1/2cup
Mix all the ingredients.
Take a small portion and drop it in hot oil.
Fry till golden brown.
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Saturday, December 12, 2009
1.Baby corn-20 nos(small square pieces)
Maida -1/2 cup
Corn flour- 1/4 cup
Kashmiri red chilly powder- 1/2tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 2tsp
3.Onion (sliced) -1
Ginger garlic paste-1tsp
Red or green capsicum (sliced/chopped) - 1 medium
Green chilly -2
4.Tomato sauce -2tbsp
Soya sauce- 1tsp
5.Spring onion(chopped)-2 springs
7.Salt to taste
- Make a slightly thick batter with corn flour and maida dissolved in water.Add a tsp of the ginger garlic paste,1/2tsp red chilly powder & salt.
- Coat the baby corn pieces with the batter and then deep fry until golden brown.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan.Add 1 tsp of ginger-garlic paste and fry till light brown.Add the onions ,chopped green chilies and capsicum . Saute till onions turn translucent and shiny(do not brown the onions).
- Add 1/2tsp red chilly powder ,chopped spring onion ,tomato sauce , Soya sauce and chilly sauce.
- Add 1tbsp corn flour dissolved in 1/2 cup water.Add the fried baby corn pieces and mix well (If you would like the baby corn manchurian with a little gravy ,you can add some more corn flour dissolved in water).
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Monday, December 7, 2009
Tomato (chopped)-1 small
Coriander leaves (chopped)-3tbsp
1) Wash and cut chicken into desired size and keep aside.
2) Grind green chillies along with ginger and garlic to make a thick paste.
3) Grind coconut and cashews with little water to make a thick paste and keep aside too.
4) Heat butter in a microwave safe casserole on 100% power for1.30 minutes.
5) Add spices and microwave on 100% power for 30 seconds.
6) Add ginger-garlic-green chilly paste and microwave on 100% power for 1 minute.
7) Add onion and microwave on 100% power for 5 minutes.stir 2 times during cooking.
8) Add chopped tomato and microwave for 2 minutes.
9) Add chicken, 1/2 of coriander leaves, salt and ½ cup of water.
10) Mix well and microwave covered on 100% power for 10 minutes.
11) Remove the lid and add coconut paste.
12) Microwave on 80% power for 3 minutes.
13) Garnish with coriander leaves.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Garam masala powder-1,4tsp
1.Wash the cauliflower and cut into small florets and boil for 2 minutes with pinch of salt. Drain the water and keep it aside.
2.The cauliflower is marinated with ginger-garlic paste, chilly powder ,garam masala powder, yoghurt and salt for an hour
3.Make a slightly thick batter with corn flour and refined flour dissolved in water, add cumin seeds and salt.
4. Coat the florets with the batter and then deep fry till it turns golden brown
2.Grated coconut-3/4 cup
Chilly powder-1 tsp
Grind the above ingredients to a thick paste.
- In a large microwave safe bowl,mix ground paste,chopped spinach,green chilly,tomato,salt and 1/2 cup water.
- Cover and cook on 100% power for 6 minutes.
- Add coconut oil and mix well.
- Serve hot with rice.
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Urad Dal- ¾ cup
Cooked rice- 1/3 cup
Grated carrot- ½ cup
1) Soak dal for few hours.
2) Grind dal and cooked rice, adding required quantity of water.
3) Add rawa and mix thoroughly without any lumps.
4) Keep it overnight to ferment.
5) Add salt and grated carrot.
6) Pour the batter to idly molds and steam for about 10 minutes.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Yeast -1tbsp (dissolved in½ cups of water)
Salt -to taste
1)In a mixing bowl mix Maida , bread crumbs, semolina, yoghurt, salt and sugar together
2)Add the yeast water in to the mixing bowl and make dough
3)Cover the dough with a wet cloth for an hour for fermentation
4)After 2hours the dough is divided into 10 -12equal parts
5)Roll it out to a dessert plate size
6)Heat oil in a deep frying pan and put battura in it
7)lightly press on the surface with a spoon, the battura will puff up
Monday, August 10, 2009
Raw rice/Unakkalari-1/2 cup
Milk-1 ½ cups
Condensed milk-1 tin
- Pressure cook rice with cardamom and water for one whistle then simmer for 10 minutes
- Heat ghee and add the cooked rice and sugar.Stir continuously until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add milk and condensed milk .Cook until the consistency become thick.
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Green chilly (chopped)-2
1) Soak dal and sago separately for 2 hours.
2) Grind dal with out adding water.
3) Add sago, onions, curry leaves, green chilly, asafoetida, ginger, salt and mix well.
4) Shape into patties and deep fry till golden brown.
Friday, August 7, 2009
1) Mix paneer, salt and carrot to the flour, add water to make soft dough.
2) Cover the dough with a wet cloth for 15minuts.
3) Divide the dough into small portions, roll into small puris and deep fry in oil.
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Cardamom powder -1tsp
Dried ginger powder-1tsp
Cashew nut -50gm
Pea nut -50gm
Coconut pieces (thengakothu)-1/2cup
Very thin coconut milk-3cups
Thin coconut milk -2cups
Thick coconut milk-2cup
1. Wash ada and soak it in boiled water for 20 minutes.Drain water and keep it aside
2. Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan and fry cashew nuts, raisins, pea nuts and thengakothu (coconut pieces)
3. In the same pan add melted jaggery and cooked ada
4. Stir continuously
5. It becomes a thick consistency, adds very thin coconut milk and cooked sago
6. When it thickens, add thin coconut milk and stir well
7. Finally add thick coconut milk and stir well
8. When the payasam starts boiling remove from fire and add cardamom powder and dry ginger powder.
9. Add fried cashew nuts, peanuts, coconut pieces and raisins above the payasam
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
1) Cook beef with, 1/2tsp Soya sauce, 1/2tsp pepper powder, turmeric powder and salt in a pressure cooker without water.
2) Fry it in another pan with oil till it become brown in color.
3) In a pan, heat 3 tbsp refined oil.
Thursday, July 30, 2009
I’m so very happy to receive my second award from Rekha Shoban (http://indianreceipes-rekha.blogspot.com/) and Viki (http://elitefoods.blogspot.com/)
I’m passing this award to the following friends
Mangala Bhat (http://recipes24seven.blogspot.com/)
Dhanya Nambirajan (http://myhomecooking-dhanya.blogspot.com/)
Thom Richards (http://barbecuegrillsplus.blogspot.com/)
Monday, July 27, 2009
FOR BIRIYANI MASALA
PREPARATION (DAL MASALA)
Soak dal for 2 hours and cook with water and turmeric powder
Heat half portion of butter or ghee in a heavy bottom pan. Fry the garnished portion of onion, cashew nuts &raisinsHeat up the remaining butter and add sliced onions and ginger-garlic-chilly paste.
It becomes translucent add chopped tomatoes curry leaves and turmeric powder.
Add salt and fry until the moisture evaporates.
Now add toor dal , garam masala powder,curd and mix well.
Add remaining butter and fry all spices and add drained rice and fry for 5minutes.Add 2 cups of water, lemon juice and salt.Cook till all the water is absorbed.
In an oven proof dish, spread half the masala and place half of the rice over it. spread the remaining masala and top with the rise.
Cook in a microwave oven for 5minutes.
Friday, July 24, 2009
Ada-150gms (Ready made rice ada is available in all Kerala grocery stores)
Sugar-to taste (1/2cup)
Fried cashew nuts & raisins(optional)
1. Soak ada in boiling water for at least 15-20minutes and wash it in cold water.
2. Boil milk and water in a deep bottomed pan, when it starts boiling add washed ada to it and reduce heat.
3. Stir it continuously till the consistency becomes thick.
4. Add condensed milk and cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Add sugar and cardamom powder at this stage.
6. Turn off heat and add fried cashew nuts and raisins.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
1.White pumpkin (elavan)-2cups
2.Black eyed beans (van payaru)-1/2cup
4.Thin coconut milk-2cups
Thick coconut milk-1/2cup
- Soak beans in water for 8 hours.
- Pressure cook up to 2 whistles.
Saturday, July 18, 2009
1. Grind bread, tomato,water and Maida to a very fine paste. Add salt and mix well.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Thin coconut milk-1cup
Thick coconut milk-1/2cup
Fennel seeds-1 pinch
Grind these ingredients to a fine paste
Marinate brinjal pieces with turmeric powder, chilly powder and salt.
Deep fry till golden brown colour.
Heat oil in a frying pan and splutter mustard seeds.
Add onion, curry leaves and garlic
When they become soft add masala paste and fry on medium heat until the oil starts separating from the mixture.
Add thin coconut milk, fried brinjal and salt.
Finally add thick coconut milk &lemon juice
Sunday, July 12, 2009
1.Roast oats and wheat flour for 5 minutes (stir well while heating)
2.Keep it for cooling.
3.Add salt to the powder and sprinkle water on it till moist.
4.Mix carrot with grated coconut.
5.Place a handful of coconut-carrot mix in the “puttukutty” and then add the oats mixture til half followed by another handful of coconut-carrot mix. This is done till the top.
6.Close the lid and steam it until steam comes out through the holes of the lid.`
I am sending"MIXED DAL DOSA"for "Padma's Dosa Corner"
Soak dates in milk for an hour.Grind it into a fine paste.
Pre heat oven to 180 degree C
Sieve the flour with the baking powder 2 times and put aside.
In a bowl cream the butter, gradually add sugar and continue to beat until the mixture is fluffy.
Add beaten eggs and mix well.
Add vanilla essence and grinded dates and mix to combine.
Lastly, add in flour little by little and beat towards one direction.
Use an oven proof dish; spread a thin layer of butter and sprinkle of flour around the base.
Bake for about 35 minutes