Tuesday, June 14, 2022
Tuesday, May 24, 2022
This yummy snack is made of flattened rice or aval, plantain and egg. This easy recipe would be perfect to be tried as an afterschool snack for your kids.
- 1 cup flattened rice
- 1 egg
- ½ cup grated coconut
- 1 ripe plantain
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup wheat flour
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Oil to fry
Mix flattened rice, egg, sugar, grated coconut and cardamom powder
Into it, add small pieces of ripe plantain and milk
Mix well and keep aside for at least half an hour
The flattened rice would be moist and soft by this time
Now add the wheat flour
Make small balls from it and shape them into cutlets
Heat oil in a pan
Fry the cutlets until both sides are nicely cooked.
Tuesday, November 30, 2021
- 25 Almonds
- 3 tbsp of oats
- 4 dates
- Apple - for garnishing
- Soak the almonds for at least 8 - 10 hours
- Remove the skin of the almonds
- Boil the oats with finely chopped dates and 1 cup water
- Take the boiled oats, dates and soaked almonds in a mixer jar
- Add milk instead of water in case you are serving it to kids
- Blend well
- Garnish with small pieces of apple.
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
- Wash the rice thoroughly and soak them in water for two hours.
- Melt the jaggery in a quarter cup of water and strain it.
- Add the rice, bananas, jaggery and cardamom and grind into a fine paste ( idli batter consistency)
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, mix the batter, ghee and salt well.
- Stir continuously over medium heat until thick.
- Cover and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Add a cup of grated coconut and knead well.
- Apply a little ghee on your hands and roll the dough into small balls.
- Place the banana leaves in a steamer and steam the prepared balls for 15 minutes.
- Delicious Mani Kozhukkatta is ready.
- 1 cup Raw rice
- 300 g of jaggery
- 2 medium sized ripe plantains
- 4 Cardamoms
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/4 cup coconut slices
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Ghee / Coconut Oil - For frying
Wash the rice well and soak it in water for two hours.
Boil jaggery with 1/4 cup water and strain it.
In a mixer, grind rice, jaggery, cardamom and chopped banana.Add water if needed.Keep aside for 4-5 hours.
Roast sliced coconut in a tablespoon of ghee until light brown. Switch off heat and add sesame seeds.
Now heat the Unniyappam pan. Add 1 tbsp ghee in each mould. keep the flame to a low. You can also use coconut oil instead of ghee.
When the ghee/oil becomes hot, with a spoon pour unniyappam batter in the moulds. On a medium-low flame cook till the base is brown and crisp.Now flip the appam using the spatula or spoon and cook the other side until they are fully done.