Black gram dal(uzhunnu parippu)-1/4cup
Black sesame seeds-1tsp
- Soak rice in water for 3-4 hours.Drain and spread on a cotton cloth to absorb the excess moisture.
- When its dry, grind them in a mixer into a fine powder.
- Heat the powder in a pan for 5 minutes and keep stirring it while its heating.Cool the fried rice flour.
- Fry the black gram until light brown.Grind it into a fine powder.
- Make a firm dough with rice flour,black gram flour,butter,cumin seeds,black sesame seeds,asafoetida powder,salt and warm water.Cover and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4-5equal parts.Fill the murukku press with this dough ( use 3 hole round plate)
- Prepare murukkus in a circular motion on the back side of slightly greased ladles.
- Heat oil in a kadai.Drop the murukku carefully into the hot oil.Deep fry over medium-flame till crisp and golden in color.
- Drain and place in the kitchen tissue.Store in an airtight container when cooled..